Thursday, April 11, 2013

J is for Justice

For some reason, J has been a struggle for me.  I had all of the other posts for this week scheduled well ahead of time.  I tried coming up with a new monster, magic item, spell, etc. but I was drawing a blank.  Then I thought of justice and how it applies.  It may be a slim post but here it goes... 
 
Justice, according to the Bing DICTIONARY is defined in the following ways:
 
1.  fairness: fairness or reasonableness, especially in the way people are treated or decisions are made
2.  system or application of law: the legal system, or the act of applying or upholding the law
3.  validity: validity in law
4.  good reason: sound or good reason
5.  judge: a judge, especially of a higher court
 
The second definition is what I was concerned with when thinking about this postJustice takes many forms on the world of Toldara.  There is no central power that meters out justice for the entire world.  Each society has its own spin on the application and administration of justice.  Some empires have a vast legal system that tries to cover all bases; these systems require a trained person to act as a representative for each side.  Other cultures have a tribunal that will judge the situation and hand out decisions.  The Slarn have a barbaric system of trial by combat to decide the guilt and fate of the accused.  Just like the real world, Toldara has many forms of justice and law throughout the world.
 
Whew!  I made a relevant J post without resorting to "just no ideas" or something similar...
 
 
 
 

1 comment:

  1. Excellent J post. I couldn't think of ANYTHING until I saw a commercial for Jurassic Park. LOL!! Not near as interesting as yours.
    Connie
    A to Z buddy
    Peanut Butter and Whine

    ReplyDelete