Sunday, August 31, 2014

#RPGaDay Post 31

I ran across the idea for this blogfest at The Other Side and decided to participate because it seemed like a good way to get back into the groove on posting since work has been keeping all of us so busy lately.   At least a few of these topics have been covered in previous posts but here it goes...

Favorite RPG Of All Time
Some of you reading all of these #RPGaDay posts may have already guessed my favorite RPG of all time.  I never gave any big hints so it was not obvious to the readers.  My favorite rpg of all time is The Palladium Role-Playing Game®.  Even though we had been playing A/D&D for quite some time we were completely captivated by the Palladium Role-Playing Game® once we discovered it in a game shop one Saturday.  There was a lot to like upon further reading - the artwork, the multiple classes and races not available in A/D&D, and the all in one game book - and it got us to stop playing A/D&D for a while and devote our gaming time to this new game.  The largest playing group I have ever been in was the group playing under these rules.  I really feel that Palladium Books® missed an opportunity with the 30th Anniversary by reprinting the second edition rules in hardback.  Unfortunately, someone "permanently borrowed" this book from me at one point and I have never replaced it.  I really need to find a copy sometime...    

5 comments:

  1. You do know it's on PDF at DriveThruRPG. Just buy it and get Lulu to print you up a copy.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Replying to myself, checking pricing you'd be looking at about $23 plus shipping (the pdf is $13 and printing $10). You'd also need to make a cover but to be honest I'd just do the generic Lulu one.

      That's for perfect bound paperbacks. The cost of the physical book goes to $19 for hardback.

      Really, a hardback for about $40 once you ship it isn't that bad at all.

      Also, the other 1st edition books are in PDF as well.

      Delete
    2. I've actually thought about doing this several times. For some reason the idea that this is a "revised" first edition led me to believe that the rules were somewhere between the original and second edition in compatibility. Now, I seem to recall that there are very few minor differences between the original edition and revised first edition. I've gotten stuff from Lulu before but how do yo do the generic Lulu cover you mentioned? I'm really thinking about getting all of the 1st edition books done up in hardback now.

      Delete
    3. To do the generic Lulu cover you have to create as a book. Make it a private project, upload the PDF, and then you'll go to the cover creator.

      Delete