Monday, August 4, 2014

#RPGaDay Post 4

I ran across the idea for this blogfest at The Other Side and decided to participate because it seemed like a good way to back into the groove on posting since work has been keeping all of us so busy lately.   At least a few of these topics have been covered in previous posts but here it goes... 

Most recent RPG purchase

The most recent role-playing game purchase I made was the new D&D Starter Set and that was completely unplanned.  I remember hearing the small bits of information being leaked out about the boxed set and then one piece of information really caught my attention - the fact that there would be no character generation rules included in the boxed set.  That did not match up with my expectations of  a modern rendition of the basic set similar to the old B/X iteration of the rules.  I am NOT saying that is what was promised.  I AM saying that is what I wanted.  I swore I would not buy it or any of the new products. 

Then I stumbled on a few notices that the new Basic Rules were out at the site and they were available to download for free.  I thought about it and concluded that it was better to download the rules to look at them since they were free.  If they were not to my tastes, then I could just all together skip D&D 5E and just stick with other games I already own.  I downloaded the rules and I am impressed with what I have seen so far.  I am anxiously awaiting the PHB to see the rest of the character options. 


No comments:

Post a Comment